Friday 15 May 2015

Cardiff Bucket List Part 2...

Hey everyone,

Been super busy this week with my last exam and moving out of my student house, hence the late blog post (sorry). However it is here and its the second part of my 'Cardiff Bucket List'.

1. Street Food Circus.
(Left: Churros & Chocolate, Right: Entrance to the Street Food Circus with uni halls in the background)
I love food, especially street food. There is something just so satisfying with getting a decent meal out of a truck. We went on a Saturday evening so we expected it to be busy and after only a 10-15 minutes wait we got in. It's free entry and you only pay for the food and drinks you want. They have lots of trucks from curry to Louisiana wings, greek style food to Patagonian. The middle of the circus was a circus tent housing two bars with a range of cocktails and drinks. I wasn't feeling particularly hungry due to suffering from a spot of heart burn so got some churros and chocolate from the Mr. Churro truck. Coated in sugar and cinnamon (this was optional) and with a little pot of chocolate dip it was a perfect little snack. I have loved churros since I tried one from a street truck in L.A 3 years ago and these mini ones did live up to my expectation. The layout of the circus really reminded me of the rows upon rows of food trucks at a music festival which was great. The street food circus is running every weekend throughout May and June so if you have a chance to go, do it.

2. Five Guys, Cardiff.
(Left: my small bacon cheese burger with BBQ sauce and cajun fries, Right: Still enjoying my five guys drink at home)
I had been to a Five Guys in America last summer and had fallen in love with their drinks machine and when coming back to the UK I felt a little lost not having it in my life. However, over the past few months Five Guys seem to be popping up everywhere including Cardiff. As well as the famous selection of over 100 flavours of drink in the drink machines (peach Sprite is my favourite) they have a selection of burgers and hotdogs and their fries. In the Cardiff branch the fries are cooked in peanut oil so if you do suffer from a peanut allergy, avoid these. However, if you are allergy free I would recommend getting a small fries with your burger or hotdog as the portion sizes are a little on the large size. I am a huge fan of Five Guys though and will definitely go back.

3. Big Night In.
(there is no better way then starting your night with a pizza)
Being students, I understand we have a notorious reputation for going out all the time but we all know nothing beats a house party. We did some research on some fun drinking games to play, got in our Pj's and started the night. I downloaded the game 'Heads Up' and for 79p it was one of my best buys this year. It provided hours of entertainment. We also played 'Don't Show Keith Your Teeth' from Celebrity Juice, it is actually a lot harder than it looks. It was such a fun night and I would take a night of silly games over a night in a club any day.
(another pic from the street food festival, going to miss Arriva trains.)
We didn't get to do everything on my list as we didn't have time with deadlines and exams. This just gives me an excuse to come back to Cardiff soon and get it done. One of the things I am dying to do on my next visit is go to Cardiff Bay on the boat that leaves from Bute Park and spend the day at Techniquest. I have now moved back home for good and will be starting my new job Monday. A little crazy how quickly university ended. I will miss Cardiff a lot and it will always be a massive part of my heart. Already excited to plan my next trip. Sunday I will be doing my second songs of the month post so keep your eyes peeled for it. In the mean time check out my Twitter and Instagram (links on the side).

Love Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment